Monday 9 January 2017

Politics of Hope Built on Solid Ground


Why vote for Jerome as Green Party Metro Mayor candidate?
The 2017 Metro Mayor election is an opportunity to share an inspiring, practical Green vision for our region. Greens need a candidate with a track record of getting things done and running successful political campaigns. I have the combination of political and business experience that would make me an excellent candidate and an effective Metro Mayor.

I was elected as the first Green Party councillor for Clifton and was re-elected in 2016 with an increased share of the vote and the Party achieved a second Green councillor for the ward; the result of an organised team, hard work and well designed campaign literature & videos – all essential for a Metro Mayor campaign. 

As a councillor I led our recent Let Bristol Breathe campaign resulting in a clean-air council motion passed with all-party support. On transport I negotiated with the MD of First Bus to re-establish the Bristol number 9 bus route connections. I have secured funding for pedestrian crossings and improved cycle routes and helped secure planning approval for Clifton’s first Passivhaus. I have the experience of making things happen in local government that is necessary for this role.

I have worked as a management consultant, in the voluntary sector and have started and built up a respected national business. My wife is a local GP, so I have a good understanding of the NHS. I went to a comprehensive school in North Gloucestershire where I grew up and later studied PPE at Oxford University.

I am a listening and collaborative policy maker, shaping approaches that are coherent and appealing, as I did with our 2016 mayoral policies for transport, housing and energy. For the 2017 Metro Mayor election I will continue to work on our vision with members and other stakeholders - so that our politics of hope are built on solid ground.  


No comments:

Post a Comment